Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

At the DLE today we talked about the Super Bowl... who is playing, who watches, why people watch and the most important part... the commercials!

Go Patriots!
We learned about advertising costs, scriptwriting, copy points, sound effects, etc. Everyone started (and some finished!) writing their own commercial which we will later produce. Please remember to get your YouTube permission slip in if you haven't already! :)

Please comment on this post and answer the following questions:
Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and why?
What is your favorite Super Bowl commercial?
What makes a funny commercial?
Will you be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow? If so, describe the setting. Will it be a party? Will you watch by yourself?

After you finish answering these questions, please log in to your own blog and write a post about the Super Bowl or what you learned today.

14 comments:

  1. I love the PATRIOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes a commercial funny is not knowing what will happen yet. An example is like you are doing an orange juice commercial and than unexpectedly, the Annoying Orange pops up. That, and people are trying to do something and they get mad. That always cracks me up! THat is what I think makes a funny video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets Go Giants, I've been rooting for the Giants by entire life and I hate Bill Belicheck

    ReplyDelete
  4. patriots, born in boston. ?. people in the commercial. most likely, with my family in my living room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What part of Boston, Dagny? I am from Worcester, MA!

      Delete
  5. Also I think a commercial is funny when it contains something we can all relate to

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be watching some of the Superbowl tomorrow, I am rooting for the Patriots. I will be watching with my family. My favorite superbowl commerical is the Doritos commerical. I don't really know why but they always amuse me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't watch the superbowl personally

    ReplyDelete
  9. to me a funny superbowl commercial is one that is random

    ReplyDelete
  10. as i have just said, I don't watch the superbowl. My parents have a party though,.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Q; Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and why?
    A: Neither team, really. Actually, I don't watch football...
    Q: What is your favorite Super Bowl commercial?
    A: That one with the Doritos and the pug that kills the door and squashes his tormentor. That one was EPIC.
    Q: What makes a funny commercial?
    A: Probably the humor style that appeals to a wider variety of people.
    Q: Will you be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow? If so, describe the setting. Will it be a party? Will you watch by yourself?
    A: No, but my dad is watching it with my brother.

    ReplyDelete